I’ll be attending the following programs during ALA Annual this year.
Friday, 27 June
- 10:30 to 12:00: Old Records, New Records, New Interfaces (ALCTS Catalog Form and Function Interest Group)
Saturday, 28 June
- 13:30 to 15:30: Metadata Mashup: Creating and Publishing Application Profiles (ALCTS) or There’s No Catalog Like No Catalog (LITA)
- 16:00 to 18:00: Getting Ready for RDA and FRBR (ALCTS) or Science Fiction and Fantasy: Looking at IT and the Information Rights of the Individual. Hmm, RDA or Cory Doctorow? Decisions, decisions…
Sunday, 29 June
- 08:00 to 12:00: Creating the Future of the Catalog and Cataloging (ALCTS and LITA).
And where did I leave Hermione’s hourglass? 10:30 to 12:30: The Open Library, Promise and Peril (LITA)
- 13:30 to 15:00: Top Technology Trends (LITA)
- 15:30 to 17:00: Koha Interest Group Meeting (leaving early)
Monday, 30 June
- 10:30 to 12:00:
Legal Issues in Developing Open Source Systems for LibrariesUnderstanding Free/Open Source Software Licenses, Project Forms, and Project Governance Options
- 13:30 to 15:30: Open Source Systems Interest Group (LITA)
Other than that, I’ll be variously at the LibLime booth, in meetings, or hacking Koha.