My blog, my comments section. I leave comments open because I want them, but if you choose to comment, please keep in mind the following:
- I reserve the right to delete comments for any reason whatsoever.
- If you post a comment and I keep it up, I promise that I will not alter your words.
- You get to disagree with me. You don’t get to require me to respond.
- Plan on posting a comment that is racist, homophobic, sexist, or otherwise fails to recognize that we’re all on this pale blue dot together, for better or worse? Be warned: you may find your nick and comment replaced with merciless mocking.
- I’ve no problem with anonymous or pseudonymous comments, but if you use a nick, please be consistent.
Here’s another way of looking at it. I do a lot of work in free and open source projects. While this blog is not an open source project, if you nonetheless choose to contribute it by commenting, consider yourself bound by Contributor Code of Conduct. I consider myself similarly bound, with the proviso that hatred will be mocked.
Don’t like this policy? Don’t natter on to me about Free! Speech! I’m not the government (unless my cats’ secret plot to take over everything actually succeeds) nor is my blog a common carrier.